Ve’ahavta is a Jewish humanitarian organization dedicated to promoting positive change in the lives of people of all faiths and backgrounds who have been marginalized by poverty and hardship. Ve’ahavta mobilizes volunteers in meaningful, hands-on experiences to fulfill our collective responsibility to care for our neighbour. Please visit www.veahavta.org for more information.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a passionate growing team, and will be able to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization. As part of a small finance team, and reporting directly to the Director of Finance and Operations, the individual in this role will be involved in the further development of and implementation of finance systems and protocols that will help us better our work in the area of non-profit finance management.
- Enter payables using QuickBooks Online
- Create bi-weekly cheque run and obtain required signatures
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Collect receipts from company credit card purchases and reconcile with bills each month
- Daily review and oversight of all donations and payment processes, including online donations – iATS, Canada Helps, PayPal, Chimp
- Collect and file documentation regarding all donations
- Print credit card journals and reconcile with Salesforce
- Issue tax receipts and business receipts
- Issue invoices for outstanding pledges
- Enter daily income batch into QuickBooks and file
- Advise staff and volunteers on coding of donations in Salesforce
- Input data, merge records, creating reports in Salesforce (CRM Database)
- Prepare and enter journal-entries into QuickBooks
- Assist with year-end audit
- Prepare QuickBooks reports for Senior Managers as requested
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- 3-5 years of work experience in accounting field (non-profit experience is an asset) and/or related education
- Strong experience managing CRM database systems (Salesforce)
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Strong level of comfort and experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software
- Strong experience with Microsoft Suite, especially Excel
- Able to multi-task and work flexibly
- Professional manner and strong communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently and self direct
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
Selected candidates will be contacted as applications are received. The position will be filled as soon as the ideal candidate has been found.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.