Get the skills and support you need to make transformational change.
For Women, by women.
The Building Foundations for Women (BFW) program is a FREE nine-week digital program which provides training and support in the areas of essential skills and personal development. Designed to support women experiencing instability in their lives due to socio-economic, immigration, and/or mental health factors, classes are both live and recorded, and led by leaders and experts in various fields. This unique program includes fulsome support by a community of peers, facilitators, and social workers, in the pursuit of helping women build stability, self-sufficiency and success in multiple areas of their lives, including employment, education, and personal development.
What You Will Gain
- Set personal and career goals
- Receive one-on-one coaching
- Career Exploration
- Personal Development
- Digital literacy fundamentals
- Boost self-confidence
- Build social connections
- Explore and enhance your strengths
- 6-month post program support
- A personalized action plan
- Basic computer knowledge and the ability to interact with text, tools and people in digital contexts
- ESL level grade 8 or higher, CLB (Canadian Language Benchmarks) level 8 or higher
- Able to engage effectively within a group/virtual classroom setting
Summer session: June 29- August 27, 2020
Fall session: October 12 – December 10, 2020
Classes: Three days per week, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m
1-on-1 case management: conducted by phone or email once per week (by appointment)
Includes digital devices and stipend