Ve’ahavta is a registered non-profit social service organization based on the Jewish ethics of justice, kindness, and responsibility. At Ve’ahavta, we deliver programs that break down barriers, restore human dignity, foster capacity-building, and empower marginalized individuals to break the cycle of poverty and create real change in their lives. Further information can be found at www.veahavta.org
At Ve’ahavta, we value hard work, but we also value recognition, wellness, and taking care of each other. This role includes the following compensation package:
- Full group health benefits
- Dental coverage
- Wellness Spending Account allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous vacation and sick time off policies
- Office closures for all statutory and Jewish holidays
Above all, we provide a warm, supportive, fun, and progressive place of work. Come join us!
“I want to express how lucky I feel to have the opportunity to work with the amazing team at Ve’ahavta. There is some really beautiful community care that happens there, and it feels incredible to be part of that important work.” – Ve’ahavta Employee
As a Ve’ahavta Case Manager you will work collaboratively with team members to provide program participants with effective and personalized one-on-one case management and facilitation of peer support groups as they work toward creating positive change in their lives.
While working with your clients, you will assess their individual needs and develop action plans, with appropriate interventions, that will guide them towards their life goals. Through informal counselling and coaching you will help clients navigate obstacles and provide guidance, referrals, and support.
In this role, you will also contribute to the recruitment, screening and selection of eligible program candidates. You will do this through internal existing programs, as well as through relationship development with community organizations.
While ensuring the development and maintenance of strong working relationships with relevant social service agencies on behalf of Ve’ahavta, you will provide referrals to further support your clients.
As part of the frontline team consisting of Program Coordinators, Case Managers, and Program Managers, as well as the Director of Programs, you will play a collaborative and instrumental role in developing of our transformational programs for continued high impact outcomes and success.
Your superb case management skills, and passion for helping others, will help ensure participants are successful and gain much value from our programs. In the role of a Case Manager, you will be instrumental in ensuring Ve’ahavta is providing our clients with an environment that empowers their ability to positively change their circumstances.
*A full job description is available upon request
*This is a hybrid position (remote/in-person)
We are seeking a highly passionate and empathetic individual who meets the following eligibility criteria:
- 2-3 years of demonstrated knowledge and practical/direct service experience working with marginalized populations and individuals with addiction/mental health issues, and conflict with the law
- An undergraduate degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field strongly preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Experience working with CRM and project management tools is required
- Existing knowledge of socio-economic topics, and the ability to maintain an inclusive environment
- Demonstrated experience in crisis intervention and group counselling/support services skills with well-developed within an anti-oppression framework
- Advocacy, networking, and resource development skills
- A working knowledge of social service resources in the community and issues facing low-income individuals
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- A values-driven individual who is passionate about issues relating to poverty and homelessness
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly compassionate, patient, and supportive
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Case Manager” in the subject line.
Eligible candidates will be contacted as applications come in, and the successful candidate will be chosen at the earliest opportunity. Don’t delay and send in your application today!
We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those selected for an interview.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer that values equity, diversity, and inclusion. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.