Ve’ahavta is a charitable social service organization, guided by the Jewish, and universal, principles to “love your neighbour as you love yourself”, and “to repair the world”. Ve’ahavta is dedicated to promoting positive change in the lives of people of all faiths who are marginalized by poverty. It delivers programs that break down barriers, restore human dignity, foster capacity-building, and empower marginalized individuals to break the cycle of poverty and create real change in their lives. Further information can be found at www.veahavta.org
Ve’ahavta’s LIFE STABILIZATION PROGRAM (LSP)
The Life Stabilization Program is geared towards vulnerable individuals who have experienced poverty or homelessness and are seeking to optimize their potential. Eligible participants are receiving Ontario Works support, and have experienced substantial challenges, particularly in the areas of mental health, addiction, and other complex issues. LSP provides a combination of one-on-one case management support, in combination with peer support groups, in order to help individuals stabilize and improve their lives.
As the LSP Case Manager you will work collaboratively with cross-departmental team members, to provide participants with effective and personalized one-on-one virtual support and case management, as well as peer support groups.
In this role, you will be instrumental in recruitment, screening and enrolling eligible program candidates. You will do this through internal existing programs, as well as through relationship development with community organizations.
While working with your clients, you will assess their individual needs and develop action plans, with appropriate interventions, that will guide them towards their life goals. Through informal counselling and coaching you will help clients navigate obstacles and provide guidance, referrals, and support in social service navigation.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to facilitate peer group session on a bi-weekly basis, providing a space for a community to establish that offers socialization, understanding, and valuable peer support.
- An undergraduate degree in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or a related field
- Two to three years of demonstrated knowledge and practical/direct service experience working with marginalized populations and individuals with addiction/mental health issues, and conflict with the law
- Demonstrated experience in crisis intervention and group counselling/support services skills with well-developed within an anti-oppression framework
- Advocacy, networking, and resource development skills
- A working knowledge of social service resources in the community and issues facing low-income individuals
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- A values-driven individual who is passionate about issues relating to poverty and homelessness
*a full job description is available upon request
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to Mara Behan, Manager of Client Outreach Programs, Mara.Behan@veahavta.org
Please put “Case Manager LSP” in subject line
We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those invited for an interview.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from equity seeking groups including qualified individuals with personal experience of the mental health system.