We need your help now so that we can continue to provide food, supplies and support to people living on the streets or are marginally housed
How Can I Help?
- Donate to the COVID-19 Homelessness Response Fund
- Fundraise for us: Start a fundraiser for Ve’ahavta on Facebook or Crowdchange
Other Ways to Help:
- Purchase essential items: We are in need of men’s new underwear, and new or gently used sweatpants, hoodies and jeans as well as protein bars, protein drinks and cases of water so that we can distribute them to the people we serve with our outreach van. Items can be left in the yellow donation bin in the parking lot of Ve’ahavta’s office.
- Purchase Amazon e-gift cards so that we can purchase what we need most. Please have them delivered to our Operations Director at Solomon.Lev@veahavta.org.
- Donate your old cellphones and chargers for our clients. Please ensure they have been wiped of all your personal data and are still functional before donating. After wiping them down with disinfectant and clean hands, please place them in the yellow donation bin in the parking lot of Ve’ahavta’s office.
- Volunteer activity: We have numerous ways for families and individuals who are together at this time to be able to help from the safety of their own homes.
- Join our Bake n’ Drop and your home baked goods will be delivered through Ve’ahavta’s Mobile Jewish Response to Homelessness outreach van.
- Make sandwiches which will be delivered through Ve’ahavta’s Mobile Jewish Response to Homelessness outreach van.
- Have a “kit packing party” with any family/friends who are at home with you. We currently need these essential items: hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, men’s and women’s new underwear and socks, deodorant, sweatpants, hoodies, sleeping bags, and men’s jeans.
- Using your van or truck, deliver mattresses to our clients that were donated by Sleep Country Canada.
- Deliver 30-40 minute skills-development workshops for our VSA and BFW programs. Workshops can be given live via videoconferencing, and/or develop pre-recorded content.
- Make a weekly commitment to a three-hour afternoon shift sorting of incoming clothing and hygiene donations at the Ve’ahavta office. Responsibilities include emptying the donation bin, sorting and organizing donations with the supervision of a member of the volunteer team, and assisting the MJRH outreach team staff in preparation for their nightly outreach shifts. Having participated in another Ve’ahavta program (especially the van) is a strong asset for this position though any background working with Ve’ahavta in the past is helpful. Please note that due to current limitations regarding social gatherings, there are a limited number of positions available.
Please contact Maggie.Fisher@veahavta.org if you are interested in participating in any of the above volunteer activities. Thank you for your support at this challenging time!