Ve’ahavta’s supports for people experiencing homelessness are needed now more than ever as many services have already closed.
How Can I Help?
- Donate to the COVID-19 Homelessness Response Fund: We need your help now so that we can continue to provide food, supplies and support to people living on the streets and who are marginally housed.
- Purchase essential items: We are in need of men’s new underwear, and new or gently used sweatpants, hoodies and jeans as well as protein bars, protein drinks and cases of water so that we can distribute them to the people we serve with our outreach van. Items can be left in the drop-off bin outside the Ve’ahavta office.
- Purchase Amazon e-gift cards so that we can purchase what we need most. Please have them delivered to our Operations Director at Solomon.Lev@veahavta.org.
- Fundraise for us: Start a fundraiser for Ve’ahavta on Facebook or Crowdchange
- Volunteer activity: We have numerous ways for families and individuals who are together at this time to be able to help from the safety of their own homes.
- Create blankets for people living on the streets or in shelters.
- Engage your children in making encouraging notes we can share on social media to show the community the support everyone needs at this time.
- Have a “kit packing party” with any family/friends who are at home with you. We currently need these essential items: hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, men’s and women’s new underwear and socks, deodorant, sweatpants, hoodies, sleeping bags, and men’s jeans.
Please contact Maggie.Fisher@veahavta.org if you are interested in participating in any of the above volunteer activities. Thank you for your support at this challenging time!
- Donate your old cellphones and chargers for our clients. Please ensure they have been wiped of all your personal data and are still functional before donating. After wiping them down with disinfectant and clean hands, please place them in the drop-off bin outside the Ve’ahavta office.