Last updated 19 April 2021: Due to the current stay-at-home orders, Ve’ahavta has enacted the following to ensure our community members follow provincial guidelines:
- We are not accepting any item donations. We continue to operate with a skeleton staff at our offices and have a significantly reduced capacity to receive donations. Although we appreciate the generosity of our community, we encourage our supporters to limit leaving their homes for non-essential trips and ask that you hold on to your items until further notice.
- All in-person volunteer shifts are cancelled; however, there are still many COVID-safe, at-home volunteer opportunities listed below.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community, volunteers will not be able to enter the building until further notice.
- Meal Train volunteers are asked to place items outside the door and ring the doorbell for a staff member to come collect it.
- Our office will be open to receive scheduled deliveries from Monday-Friday between 11am-3pm only.
We urgently need your help today so that we can continue to provide food, supplies and support to people who are living on the streets or marginally housed during this pandemic.
How Can I Help?