Ve’ahavta is a Jewish humanitarian organization dedicated to promoting positive change in the lives of people of all faiths and backgrounds who have been marginalized by poverty and hardship. Ve’ahavta mobilizes volunteers in meaningful, hands-on experiences to fulfill our collective responsibility to care for our neighbour. Further information can be found at veahavta.org
This is an exciting opportunity within a dynamic and developing organization that is making a significant positive impact on the lives of community members and marginalized individuals in the Greater Toronto Area. The Ve’ahavta culture is one of respect and collaboration in which each individual is encouraged to take initiative to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
Reporting to the Director of Development and serving as a member of a four-person development team, the Development Associate, Events and Corporate Partnerships, is accountable for the implementation and execution of Ve’ahavta’s growing corporate partnerships portfolio, and with the planning and delivery of the organization’s annual fundraising event.
Ve’ahavta’s development department is responsible for the successful annual fundraising of the organization’s almost $3M budget. The execution of the corporate partnerships and events portfolio contributes $750K towards the annual goal.
The Development Associate will further develop and implement the corporate partnership program and is responsible for the management of a portfolio of existing corporate and sponsor accounts, along developing strategies to engage and cultivate prospects and advance or re-engage existing relationships. They will also be responsible for writing targeted solicitation strategies, customized proposals, sponsorship packages, briefing documents, grant submissions, and presentations to secure major gifts and sponsorships.
The Development Associate will also plan and execute Ve’ahavta’s fundraising events, including its major event. This individual will also work closely with volunteer leadership and event steering committees.
As a professional in the Development Department, this individual will act as a representative of the organization during networking events, speaking engagements, presentations, and stakeholder meetings. They will also be responsible for tracking relationships and reporting through our Salesforce CRM database. The Development Associate will also be the primary contact to connect with corporate partners, sponsors and fundraising volunteers on a regular basis to share news, updates, impact reports, invitations; provide customized correspondence and experiences.
This is a great time to join this remarkable team as the agency moves forward under new leadership and embarks on new activities and programs.
Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of experience working in fundraising, with direct experience working on events and cultivating corporate partners and sponsors.
- Strong understanding of the not-for-profit sector and fundraising tools and trends
- Proven ability to increase revenue and donor base
- Advanced ability to research and strategize acquisition of new donors
- Experience in staffing volunteer committees and community development with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of the GTA corporate community is an asset
- AFP membership and working towards CFRE certification is an asset
Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrates professionalism and a strong work ethic
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce or other CRM databases
- Demonstrated ability in proposal writing and developing sponsorship packages
- Working knowledge of social media and marketing
- Strong leadership skills, motivated and takes the initiative
- High energy and outgoing personality
- Highly organized, system-oriented
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Commitment and passion for social justice and poverty alleviation
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in confidence to: email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those invited for an interview.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.