Ve’ahavta is a Jewish humanitarian organization dedicated to promoting positive change in the
lives of people of all faiths and backgrounds who have been marginalized by poverty and
hardship. Ve’ahavta mobilizes volunteers in meaningful, hands-on experiences to fulfill our
collective responsibility to care for our neighbour. Please visit www.veahavta.org for more
At Ve’ahavta, we value hard work, but we also value recognition, wellness, and taking care of each other. This role includes the following compensation package:
- Full group health benefits
- Dental coverage
- Wellness Spending Account allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous vacation and sick time off policies
- Office closures for all statutory and Jewish holidays
Above all, we provide a warm, supportive, fun, and progressive place of work. Come join us!
“I love being part of the Ve’ahavta team, a group of thoughtful, committed, and dedicated employees who work tirelessly to change the world. I am grateful for all the opportunities that are given to me to help me grow and transform professionally.” – M.J., Ve’ahavta Employee
As part of the communications team and reporting to the Director of Communications, you will play a critical part in the brand awareness and promotion of the organization. You will have the opportunity to support both specific program promotional needs, fundraising campaigns, and the overall organizational marketing goals and objectives. In this role, you will use your strong vision and desire to artfully articulate the organization’s message and will continually find new and inventive ways to engage our audience and communicate our mandate in a clear and consistent manner.
Your ability to maintain and express our brand through various communications channels will be instrumental in achieving our communications objectives. Your role will include content development and design, as well as execution, reporting and analysis in collaboration with your team.
More specifically, you will be responsible for the creation of all organizational marketing materials starting from the creative concept development through to design and production in the following areas: web design, social media, email marketing, blog, and advertising, among others. You will also be instrumental in our upcoming brand refresh and website development project. In all aspects of your role, you will use your creativity and marketing savvy to increase our visibility and engagement with our stakeholders.
*This is a hybrid position (in office once per week), accommodations may be considered for out of region candidates.
The successful candidate will exhibit a strong work ethic and a positive attitude in a mission-driven, high energy environment. A flexible attitude, demonstrating calm under pressure, and an ability to balance a high volume of work with high quality output will be key characteristics for success in this role.
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in graphic design, marketing, or a related area of study
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in graphic design and/or marketing and communications, non-profit setting is an asset
- Strong technical design skills in preparing graphics for various digital platforms and for print production (Adobe suite and Canva)
- Web CMS experience (specifically with WordPress is an asset), including a strong knowledge of HTML
- Familiarity and comfort using project management software (Monday.com or similar)
- Experience with an email marketing software (Salesforce/ Pardot is an asset)
- Strong written communications skills, especially for social media
- Basic video and photo editing skills
- Knowledge of the Jewish community is an asset, but not required
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Highly creative and progressive thinker
- Exceptionally organized, with strong project management skills
- Collaborator who takes initiative and identifies opportunities for growth
- Critical thinker who is skillful in analysis and evaluation
- Digital fluency and able to learn new applications quickly
- Able to work autonomously and collaborate well within a team
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and positive attitude
This is a 1-year contract filling a maternity leave from March 2023 – April 2024
Please send your resume, cover letter, and up to 3 design work samples to email@example.com with “Digital Marketer and Designer” in the subject line.
Deadline: applications are being accepted now and the position will be filled as soon as we find our champion.
We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those selected for an interview.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer that values equity, diversity, and inclusion. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.