Ve’ahavta is a registered non-profit social service organization based on the Jewish ethics of justice, kindness, and responsibility. At Ve’ahavta, we deliver programs that break down barriers, restore human dignity, foster capacity-building, and empower marginalized individuals to break the cycle of poverty and create real change in their lives. Further information can be found at www.veahavta.org
At Ve’ahavta, we value hard work, but we also value recognition, wellness, and taking care of each other.
This role includes the following compensation package:
- Salary: $45,000-$50,000
- Full group health benefits
- Dental coverage
- Wellness Spending Account allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous vacation and sick time off policies
- Office closures for all statutory and Jewish holidays
Above all, we provide a warm, supportive, fun, and progressive place of work. Come join us!
“I love being part of the Ve’ahavta team, a group of thoughtful, committed, and dedicated employees who work tirelessly to change the world. I am grateful for all the opportunities that are given to me to help me grow and transform professionally.” – M.J., Ve’ahavta Employee
As part of the communications team and reporting to the Marketing Manager, Stakeholder Relations, this role plays a critical part in the brand awareness and promotion of the organization. The Associate supports both specific program promotional needs, fundraising campaigns, and the overall organizational marketing goals and objectives.
The Marketing and Communications Associate will have a strong vision and desire to artfully articulate the organization’s message and will continually find new and inventive ways to engage our audience and communicate our mandate in a clear and consistent manner.
The successful candidate will exhibit a strong work ethic and a positive attitude in a mission-driven, high energy environment. A flexible attitude, demonstrating calm under pressure, and balancing a high volume of work with high quality output will be key characteristics for success in this role.
In this role, you will be responsible for the creation of all organizational marketing materials starting from the creative concept development through to design and production. Your management of Ve’ahavta’s communication channels (web, email, and social), will include content development and design, as well as execution, reporting and analysis in collaboration with your manager.
*this is currently a remote position
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in graphic design, marketing, or a related area of study
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in graphic design and/or marketing and communications, non-profit setting is an asset
- Strong technical design skills in preparing graphics for various digital platforms and for print production
- Web CMS experience (specifically with WordPress is an asset), including a strong knowledge of HTML
- Experience with an email marketing software (specifically with Pardot is an asset)
- Experience in video editing and production
- Strong written communications skills, especially for social media
- Knowledge of the Jewish community is an asset, but not required
- Familiarity with Salesforce or another CRM is an asset
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Highly creative and progressive thinker
- Exceptionally organized, with strong project management skills
- Collaborator who takes initiative and identifies opportunities for growth
- Critical thinker who is skillful in analysis and evaluation
- Digital fluency and able to learn new applications quickly
- Able to work autonomously and collaborate well within a team
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and positive attitude
This is a 1-year contract filling a maternity leave from 19 April 2021 – 15 April 2022.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and up to 3 design work samples to Rebecca.Cuthbert@veahavta.org with “Digital Media and Communications Associate” in the subject line.
Deadline: applications are being accepted now and the position will be filled as soon as we find our champion.
We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those selected for an interview
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer that values equity, diversity, and inclusion. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.