You are a person driven by your passion for tikun olam, a dedication to excellence in all that you do and a commitment to do whatever it takes to make this world a better place. You also happen to be really good at communications.
Ve’ahavta is a registered non-profit social service organization based on the Jewish ethics of justice, kindness, and responsibility. At Ve’ahavta, we deliver programs that break down barriers, restore human dignity, foster capacity-building, and empower marginalized individuals to break the cycle of poverty and create real change in their lives. Further information can be found at www.veahavta.org
At Ve’ahavta, we value hard work, but we also value recognition, wellness, and taking care of each other. In addition to a competitive salary, Ve’ahavta employees are offered full group health benefits including dental coverage, a Wellness Spending Account allowance, Employee Assistance Program, generous vacation and sick time off policies, in addition to office closures for all statutory and Jewish holidays. Above all, we provide a warm, supportive, fun, and progressive place of work. Come join us!
“It is an honor and a privilege to support Ve’ahavta’s clients to achieve their goals. I also love being part of the Ve’ahavta team, a group of thoughtful, committed, and dedicated employees who work tirelessly to change the world. I am grateful for all the opportunities that are given to me to help me grow and transform professionally.” – M.J., Ve’ahavta Employee
The Director of Communications plays a leadership role on the senior management team of 6 and is responsible for the development and implementation of the Annual Communications Plan, as it aligns with Ve’ahavta’s organizational values and meets the strategic goals of the organization. By being the key driver of all our external communications and playing a key role in the planned expansion of Ve’ahavta, you will have the unique opportunity to contribute to the social impact of Ve’ahavta’s mission.
As the team leader for your department, you will direct, plan, and coordinate the work of the department staff including supervision, training, coaching, and team building of a Manager, Digital Design Associate, and Digital Learning Specialist.
By setting department objectives, priorities, and key performance indicators for your staff team, you will ensure systematic and effective project management for all communications initiatives. Through passionate and data-informed leadership, you will drive results by sharing a strong vision and setting a standard of excellence.
This role reports to the Executive Director and works in close collaboration with the Development team to strategize, plan, and oversee the execution of the communications activities of the annual fundraising plan, including campaigns, events, and donor communications.
Your superb written communications skills, as well as your creative edge will be instrumental in the development and direction of written copy, messaging, graphic design content, and overall expression of our brand.
You will ensure our brand is consistent, impactful, and visible through various public-facing mechanisms such as traditional media, social media, community networking and events. You will curate and guide content development for our website, social media, and e-newsletter ensuring content is current, accurate, relevant, and engaging.
In this role, you will be championing Ve’ahavta’s cause through innovative, creative, and highly effective communication strategies that engage community members in thought, discussion, and action to raise awareness and empathy for those facing extreme poverty and homelessness.
Sound like the opportunity of a lifetime? Do not delay, apply today!
*A full job description is available upon request
*This is currently a remote position that will become a hybrid position
We are seeking a values-driven individual who is passionate about innovative and strategic communications, and meets the following eligibility criteria:
- 5+ years of work experience in digital communications lead role, non-profit experience preferred
- 3+ years in a supervisory role with direct reports
- Undergraduate post graduate degree in related field is an asset
- Tech savvy and interested in various tools and modalities to increase efficiencies and efficacy of communication to external stakeholders
- Highly knowledgeable in areas of digital marketing including digital advertising, social media, web management, e-newsletters
- Proven results driving digital fundraising campaigns and playing a lead role in the communications of various development initiatives
- Superior written communications skills experience copy writing and content development
- Proven success engaging audience segments, leading to measurable action
- Driven, self-starter that enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- An entrepreneurial spirit, highly creative, and innovative
- Strong analytical skills and strategic sense as well as a natural visionary and source of creative inspiration
- Works collaboratively and possesses a learner’s mindset
- Values driven and passionate about making a difference
- Experience working in the Jewish community is an asset, but not required
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letter to Toya Brooks, Administrative Coordinator, People and Culture: email@example.com.
Please put “Director of Communications” in subject line.
We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those selected for an interview.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer that values equity, diversity, and inclusion. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.