What donations does Ve’ahavta need?
Help support people who are experiencing homelessness and poverty by donating needed supplies to Ve’ahavta.
Scroll down to see the list of needed items, which can be dropped off at Ve’ahavta (200 Bridgeland Avenue- Unit D, North York, ON M6A 1Z4) from 9 am to 6 pm Monday to Thursday and 9 am to 3 pm on Fridays. Ve’ahavta provides a full tax receipt for new items that are accompanied by a receipt.
Want to host your own Drive to Survive? Below are some resources that can help you engage your networks and maximize the supplies you donate to Ve’ahavta.
You can download the follow posters: A Drive to Survive poster, a list of supplies we accept and instructions on how to host your own Drive to Survive.
Questions? Contact 416.964.7698 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a group or company that is looking for a fun group or corporate volunteer program that engages your team, while making a difference?
Help Ve’ahavta build Personal Care Hygiene Kits, Winter Warmth Kits, Feminine Hygiene Empowerment Kits, Back to School Kits, and Holiday Gift Kits to support the community’s most vulnerable people with items they desperately need.
For more information check out: kitsforacause.com/charities/veahavta/
Urgently Needed Items (for Men and Women)
- Hoodies and sweats
- New underwear
- Sleeping Bags
General Items (As Ve’ahavta serves adults, we are unable to take donations of children’s clothing.)
- New underwear, socks, and bras in all sizes and genders
- Gently used t-shirts — all sizes and genders
- Jeans — all sizes (special need for men’s sizes 28-34)
- Shorts — all sizes
- Track pants with draw string
- Belts in all sizes
- Baseball caps
- Hats, gloves, mittens, scarves
- Hoodies (all sizes)
- Winter and fall coats, fleece jackets
- Business casual clothing and footwear for job interviews (all sizes and genders)
- Backpacks/tote bags to hold supplies
- Footwear and shoes in good condition, including boots, sneakers, formal shoes and sandals
- Tim Hortons gift cards
- McDonald’s gift cards
Food (All food donations must be in unopened containers and not be expired)
- White sugar
- Powdered coffee creamer
- Granola bars, snack-pack chips
- Juice boxes
- Bottled water
- Coffee (ground)
- Peanut butter
- Tuna fish (canned)
- Hairbrushes and combs
- Disposable razors
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash and soap
Bedding and Linens (new or gently used)
- Sleeping bags
- Comforters and covers
School Supplies & Materials
- 8 1/2” x 11” blank photocopy paper
- Loose leaf paper for three ring binders
- 1” three ring binders
- White out
- Dividers for binders
- 8 1/2” x 11” bound notebooks
- Sticky notes / post it notes
- Pencil cases
- Reusable water bottles
- English dictionaries
- Day planner/agenda books
- Cell phones in good working condition
- Tablets in good working condition
- USB sticks
- Rechargeable phone batteries
- Phone chargers
If you would like to purchase socks or underwear to donate, please check out the Bargains Group, where your money will go further than some retail stores. Plus, we will receive extra donations from the company!