Help support people who are experiencing homelessness and poverty by donating needed supplies to Ve’ahavta.
Scroll down to see the list of needed items, which can be dropped off in the yellow donation drop box in the parking lot at Ve’ahavta (200 Bridgeland Avenue- Unit D, North York, ON M6A 1Z4).
If you have items for donation that are not on this list, please feel free to call us if think we might be interested.
Please be aware that if we cannot use the items you provide (for example if they are out of season or do not meet the needs of the clients) we may choose to pass these items on to other charities to utilize.
Ve’ahavta does not pick up donations. If you are a corporation or otherwise have a large amount of goods to donate please reach out to email@example.com to discuss.
If you are donating new items, we are happy to provide a tax receipt so long as we are provided with a proof of purchase receipt.
Urgently Needed Items (for Men and Women)
- Flashlights (with working batteries)
- Sleeping bags
- Old cell phone (cleared & unlocked)
- Cloth masks
- Men’s and women’s long john’s
- Men’s and women’s sweatpants
- Men’s and women’s sweatshirts
- Women’s leggings
- Winter gloves
- Hand warmers
- Winter boots
List of Needed Items
General Items (As Ve’ahavta serves adults, we are unable to take donations of children’s clothing.)
- New underwear, socks, and bras in all sizes and genders
- Gently used t-shirts — all sizes and genders
- Jeans — all sizes (special need for men’s sizes 28-34)
- Shorts — all sizes
- Track pants with draw string
- Belts in all sizes
- Baseball caps
- Hats, gloves, mittens, scarves
- Hoodies (all sizes)
- Winter and fall coats, fleece jackets
- Footwear and shoes in good condition, including boots, sneakers and sandals
Gift Cards and Tokens
- Tim Hortons gift cards
- McDonald’s gift cards
- TTC tokens
- Hot Paws (hands and feet)
- Flashlight and batteries
- Sleeping bags
- Emergency Blankets
- Hairbrushes and combs
- Disposable razors
- Body wash
- Lip balm
Items Ve’ahavta Does Not Accept:
- Children’s clothing
- Housewares (including but not limited to bedding, pillows, dishes, artwork, furniture)
- Medical devices of any kind
- Business attire
If you would like to purchase socks or underwear to donate, please check out the Bargains Group, where your money will go further than some retail stores. Plus, we will receive extra donations from the company!
Want to host your own Drive to Survive? Below are some resources that can help you engage your networks and maximize the supplies you donate to Ve’ahavta.
You can download the follow posters: A Drive to Survive poster, a list of supplies we accept and instructions on how to host your own Drive to Survive.
Questions? Contact 416.964.7698 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a group or company that is looking for a fun group or corporate volunteer program that engages your team, while making a difference?
Help Ve’ahavta build Personal Care Hygiene Kits, Winter Warmth Kits, Feminine Hygiene Empowerment Kits, Back to School Kits, and Holiday Gift Kits to support the community’s most vulnerable people with items they desperately need.
For more information check out: kitsforacause.com/charities/veahavta/