This is an exciting opportunity within a dynamic and developing organization that is making a transformational impact on the lives of community members and marginalized individuals in the Greater Toronto Area. The Ve’ahavta culture is one of passion, respect and collaboration in which everyone is encouraged to take initiative to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
As part of a small team, reporting to the Director of Communications and supported by the Communications Administrative Assistant, the Graphic Design & Digital Media Associate plays a critical role in the brand awareness and promotion of the organization. The Associate supports both specific program promotional needs, as well as overall organizational marketing goals and objectives. This role primarily entails the creation of all marketing materials starting from the strategic planning stage and creative concept development through to design, production, and evaluation.
This role also entails the development and management of Ve’ahavta’s online and social media presence, including strategy, content development and design, execution, reporting and analysis.
The Graphic Design & Digital Media Associate will be highly innovative, and adept at assessing trends and utilizing cutting-edge tactics. This individual will have a strong vision and desire to artfully articulate the organization’s message and will continually find new and inventive ways to engage our audience and communicate our mandate in a clear and consistent manner. Creativity, drive, and a strong vision will be a guiding force in the formulation of powerful content and visuals.
The successful candidate will exhibit a strong work ethic and a positive attitude in a mission-driven high energy environment. A flexible attitude, demonstrating calm under pressure, and admirably balancing a high volume of work with high quality output will be key characteristics for success in this role.
- Completion of a graphic design university degree or college diploma
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience working in graphic design and digital media management
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
- Up-to-date on current non-profit marketing trends
- Experience in promotional video editing and production
- Experience managing websites, strong knowledge of HTML/CSS (WordPress), SEO/SEM
- Creating e-newsletters preferably with an email marketing software (e.g., iContact)
- Strong technical skills in preparing graphics for various platforms and for print production
- Knowledge of the Jewish community is an asset, but not required.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or another CRM is an asset
Skills and Competencies
- Creativity is one of your greatest strengths, “cutting-edge” is your middle name
- Collaborator who takes initiative and identifies opportunities for growth
- Critical thinker who is skillful in analysis and evaluation
- Excellent written marketing communications skills
- Tech savvy and able to learn new applications quickly
- Able to be efficient and effective in a lively and quick paced environment
- Able to work autonomously and collaborate well within a team
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and positive attitude
- Interest in the non-profit sector and Ve’ahavta mission is an asset
Detailed job description available upon request.
If you’re interested in the opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to Haider.Almudaweb@veahavta.org
What do we want to know?
Please include the following in your cover letter:
- Why are you the best fit for the job?
- Where have you been? (brief overview of your most relevant experience)
- What are you passionate about? Why are you interested in Ve’ahavta?
- Show us your work (A link to your online portfolio of projects).
- Tell us your price! (salary expectations)
Thank you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Applications are being accepted now and the position will be filled as soon as we find our champion.