Ve’ahavta is a registered non-profit social service organization based on the Jewish ethics of justice, kindness, and responsibility. At Ve’ahavta, we deliver programs that break down barriers, restore human dignity, foster capacity-building, and empower marginalized individuals to break the cycle of poverty and create real change in their lives. Further information can be found at www.veahavta.org
At Ve’ahavta, we value hard work, but we also value recognition, wellness, and taking care of each other. In addition to a competitive salary, Ve’ahavta employees are offered full group health benefits including dental coverage, a Wellness Spending Account allowance, Employee Assistance Program, generous vacation, and sick time off policies, in addition to office closures for all statutory and Jewish holidays. Above all, we provide a warm, supportive, fun, and progressive place of work. Come join us!
“At Ve’ahavta, I can be genuine. I can have integrity. I can take time to learn. I can take time to teach. We do a good job at empowering everyone who works here and supporting them in their journey to achieving excellence”. – B.L. Current Ve’ahavta Employee
The Manager of Community Mobilization is responsible for overseeing the community stakeholder (volunteers, donors, community partners) experience at Ve’ahavta. In this leadership role, and as a member of the management team, this role is responsible for the project and team management within the Community Mobilization department.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of passionate individuals who want to ignite community members to take action and play a part in our work serving individuals facing poverty and homelessness. By mobilizing community members to volunteer, donate, or partner in this way, you will not only enhance our services to our clients, but you will also be igniting positive change for the stakeholders as well.
As an experienced leader and systematic thinker, you will be developing and implementing systems and solutions to increase efficiencies in the department, which will enable Ve’ahavta to reach more people and have an even greater impact.
Through strategic initiatives and stewardship plans such as engagement and fundraising campaigns, community events, and partnerships, you will drive community mobilization to new heights.
Your tech savvy and data-driven nature will lead the way in the development and execution of our systems, including the implementation of automations of screenings, orientation processes, reporting, and the building of engagement studios and forms.
This is an incredible leadership opportunity to truly make an impact as part of a ground-breaking and progressive non-profit organization.
*a full job description is available upon request
*this is currently a hybrid position
*this is a maternity leave contract, with potential for renewal/permanent opportunities at completion
We are seeking a values-driven individual who is passionate about mobilizing people to take action and make a difference.
Full eligibility criteria:
- Subject matter expertise in managing a stakeholder (volunteer/donor) program
- Educational training and field experience in a related field
- 1-3 years of supervision/leadership experience
- Experience maintaining and reporting data through a CRM – ideally Salesforce
- Experience working with volunteers and donors
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Superb interpersonal skills, desire, and ability to mentor/coach/train
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Able to effectively address performance issues, confronting issues head-on using sensitivity, clarity, and constructive feedback
- Highly tech-oriented
- Sensitivity and working with a vulnerable population
- Professional manner, polish and demonstrated leadership skills
- Goes above and beyond the call of duty, with a high level of commitment and integrity.
- A confident leader and empathetic active listener
- Demonstrates initiatives, and problem solves and is a driver of solutions
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Manager of Community Mobilization” in the subject line.
We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those selected for an interview.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer that values equity, diversity, and inclusion. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.