Ve’ahavta is a registered non-profit social service organization based on the Jewish ethics of justice, kindness, and responsibility. At Ve’ahavta, we deliver programs that break down barriers, restore human dignity, foster capacity-building, and empower marginalized individuals to break the cycle of poverty and create real change in their lives. Further information can be found at www.veahavta.org
At Ve’ahavta, we value hard work, but we also value recognition, wellness, and taking care of each other. Above all, we provide a warm, inclusive, fun, and progressive place of work. Come join us!
“I want to express how lucky I feel to have the opportunity to work with the amazing team at Ve’ahavta. There is some really beautiful community care that happens there, and it feels incredible to be part of that important work.” – Ve’ahavta Employee
As a member of the management team, in this role you will have the opportunity to implement the strategic vision and plan for the organization’s progressive social service programs. With strong leadership and project management skills, you will oversee results, evaluation, and accountability processes of these programs, ensuring all deliverables are met, and best possible outcomes are achieved.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, you will be part of a passionate and dedicated team leading the way in social service programming. Programs include a mobile street outreach program, two paid internship programs (culinary skills and warehouse management), case management program, and a photography contest.
With your oversight, programs will have streamlined processes, systems, and protocols to ensure high levels of productivity and efficacy. In collaboration with the Director of Programs, and with your analysis and eye on continual improvement, you will have the opportunity to continually improve these systems and the associated outcomes.
With your strong people management and conflict resolution skills, you will support, address and manage any client-related challenges, ensuring participants have the best possible experience while participating in our programs.
You will collect, compile and report on relevant program data and key performance indicators in order to analyze efficacy of programs, support plans for development, and assist in securing further funding and support.
As an experienced supervisor, you will lead and support a team of frontline workers, ensuring each individual’s targets are met, job satisfaction levels are assessed and addressed, and a strong team culture permeates throughout your department.
By working with lay leaders and advisory committees, you will build and maintain strong community partnerships, expanding our network and resources in order to best serve our clients’ needs.
*A full job description is available upon request
*This is a hybrid position (remote/in-person)
We are seeking a strong manager with superb leadership and project management skills who meets the following eligibility criteria:
QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIRED SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in social work/social services, MSW preferred
- 5 years+ of experience working in related field, with social service program management
- 5 years+ in supervisory position of frontline social service workers
- Experience in a frontline client-facing role an asset
- Strong knowledge of relevant social services and resources in Toronto
- Demonstrates superb management, supervision, and interpersonal skills
- Superb project management skills
- Tech savvy and able to adopt new tech, and train others
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter with a proactive and ‘hands on’ approach to problem-solving
- Ability to manage sensitive issues with patience, tact and diplomacy and uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates good judgement, trust, and accountability
- Exhibits organizational values of respect, inclusivity, responsibility, and empathy
- Mission – driven, flexible, and passionate
Ready for an exciting and immersive management experience?! Do not delay, apply today!
Salary range: $55,000 – 65,000
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Please put “Manager, Social Service Programs” in the subject line
We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those selected for an interview.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer that values equity, diversity, and inclusion. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.