Ve’ahavta is a Jewish humanitarian organization dedicated to promoting positive change in the lives of people of all faiths and backgrounds who have been marginalized by poverty and hardship. Ve’ahavta mobilizes volunteers in meaningful, hands-on experiences to fulfill our collective responsibility to care for our neighbour. Further information can be found at veahavta.org.
This is an exciting opportunity within a dynamic and developing organization that is making a significant positive impact on the lives of community members and marginalized individuals in the Greater Toronto Area. The Ve’ahavta culture is one of respect and collaboration in which each individual is encouraged to take initiative to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
In this leadership role, and as a member of the management team, you would be responsible for the planning and implementation of the stakeholder relations portfolio of the organization. As the lead of the marketing team (supervising the Digital Design Coordinator), the main objectives of this role include the attraction and engagement of current and potential donors, clients and volunteers through the implementation of various communications modalities (print, web, email and social media) guided by the annual marketing plan.
In collaboration with members of the fundraising team, you would be a key contributor to the success of the annual fundraising campaign (approximately $3M). In addition, you would be responsible for coordinating donor acquisition campaigns through direct mail, advertising, and digital campaigns, and also strategize the development of supporter-led initiatives through effective and engaging communications tools.
This role is intended to optimize all stakeholder relations for the organization, which includes donors, volunteers, and clients. With the use of various marketing vehicles and platforms, you would have the opportunity to lead the engagement efforts with individuals who may benefit tremendously from our successful and progressive social service programs.
This is a great time to join this remarkable team as the agency moves forward into a bright future, under strong leadership, and with a highly important and relevant mission.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree or equivalent
- Experience working in non-profit marketing, with preference of minimum 2 years in supervisory role
- Proven ability to increase stakeholder engagement through effective marketing strategies
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong interest in and competency with digital marketing platforms including social media
- Experience/proven ability in a fundraising capacity is an asset
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM database is an asset
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Demonstrates leadership, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
- Highly creative, passionate, progressive
- Highly organized and system-oriented
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Driven by a commitment and passion for social justice
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in confidence to: Brandon.Lablong@veahavta.org
The recruitment process will close once our next superstar is selected. Apply now!
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from equity seeking groups including qualified individuals with personal experience of the mental health system. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.