Multimedia Intern 6-week Position for a Full-Time Student Returning to School
Ve’ahavta is a Jewish humanitarian organization dedicated to promoting positive change in the lives of people of all faiths and backgrounds who have been marginalized by poverty and hardship. Ve’ahavta mobilizes volunteers in meaningful, hands-on experiences to fulfill our collective responsibility to care for our neighbour.
See veahavta.org for more information.
Ve’ahavta is looking for a student with strong multi-media skills who is seeking the opportunity to gain professional work experience and be part of a dynamic and creative team.
The Multimedia Intern would primarily be responsible to shoot and edit videos that creatively tell the stories of client successes and staff and volunteer activities. Other activities include photography; creating motion graphic design; writing/developing content for the website, e-news, social media and print publications; and supporting the activities of the Communications Department.
- Education in post-secondary program in multimedia, video production, or video journalism or similar program or equivalent experience
- Excellent video production, editing and digital storytelling skills
- Photography skills
- Writing and social media skills
- Knowledge of interactive design and digital marketing and would be assets
- Interest in and/or experience working with vulnerable populations
As the position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Grant program, the successful applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Please forward your cover letter specifying why you are interested in working with Ve’ahavta, your resume and an online portfolio of your multimedia work to: Haider.Almudaweb@veahavta.org.
Application deadline: Interviews are being conducted now and the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is selected. (The final date for application is June 29).
We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those invited for an interview.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability or genetics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.