Ve’ahavta is a Jewish humanitarian organization dedicated to promoting positive change in the lives of people of all faiths and backgrounds who have been marginalized by poverty and hardship. Ve’ahavta mobilizes volunteers in meaningful, hands-on experiences to fulfill our collective responsibility to care for our neighbour. Please visit www.veahavta.org for more information.
The MYTORONTO program provides a glimpse into the world of individuals who are often not granted the opportunity to tell their story; where people with lived experience of poverty and/or homelessness capture what matters to them through the art of photography.
This ambitious multi-part project includes a series of distinct components: photography workshops and contest for those with lived experience of homelessness, building awareness about homelessness and poverty through a public exhibition of photos, the compilation of a calendar and other products featuring winning photos, opportunities for those with lived experience of poverty and homelessness to gain skills and revenue through product sales.
Purpose of the Position
The MYTORONTO Program Coordinator is responsible for the project management elements of the MYTORONTO program and will report directly to the Manager of Client Outreach Services. The role includes project design and implementation, marketing and promotion, stakeholder and partnership support, and event management. The role will include working collaboratively with our internal departments – Fundraising, Volunteers, Client Outreach, and Marketing, as well as external community partner agencies.
- Work with Volunteer Services Department to ensure regular volunteers are trained and supported while assisting in the various aspects of the program
- Work with the Client Outreach team to ensure all programmatic pieces are facilitated and clients are supported
- Work in partnership with the fundraising team to ensure strong fundraising program components as appropriate
- Collaborate with various program partners to ensure strong strategic partnerships
Program Design and Implementation
- Create and implement annual program plan
- Track key performance indicators and develop an evaluation process to assess the impact and results of the programs
- Market programs and recruit program participants with lived experiencethrough development and stewardship of new and existing community partnerships.
- Monitor program budgets
- Coordinate and oversee all related community events, in coloration with the development department, including participant workshops, camera distribution and return days, photography exhibits, vendor workshops and hosted sales opportunities
- Work with the Volunteer Department to provide volunteers to fill roles within MYTORONTO program/events as required
Marketing and Promotion
- Working with the Marketing Department, advise and provide guidance on the creation of outreach materials, such as recruitment materials, communications pieces, and MYTORONTO products
- Update and oversee content on the MYTORONTO website
- Oversee and execute social media strategy and activities
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience
- Education/training in Project Management and/or Event Management is an asset
- Proven success managing complex projects, multiple events
- Experience working with diverse populations and multiple stakeholders including people with lived experienceof homelessness, addiction, and mental health challenges
- Effectively able to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Knowledge of local non-profit social services community
- Marketing and social media savvy
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Tech-friendly, experience working with CRM databases is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of or interest in photography and other creative arts is desirable
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to Mara Behan, Manager of Client Outreach Programs, Mara.Behan@veahavta.org
Please put “MYTORONTO Program Coordinator” in subject line
Applications are being accepted now and the position will be filled as soon as we find a suitable candidate.
We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those invited for an interview.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from equity seeking groups including qualified individuals with personal experience of the mental health system. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.