Ve’ahavta is a Jewish humanitarian organization dedicated to promoting positive change in the lives of people of all faiths and backgrounds who have been marginalized by poverty and hardship. Ve’ahavta mobilizes volunteers in meaningful, hands-on experiences to fulfill our collective responsibility to care for our neighbour.
This administrative support role plays an integral part of the client outreach programs team. Working mostly behind the scenes, this individual will help manage key information and data needed to maintain and track progress of our key social service programs. This role also includes an opportunity to work directly with clients by providing support via phone or email correspondence. This is a valuable opportunity for anyone looking to build a career in the non-profit industry.
Assist in Program Co-ordination
- Support the logistics of client-facing social service programs
- Assist with coordination and logistics of virtual and in person (post- COVID) events
- Correspond with event/program participants, solicit feedback and evaluation
- Source and prepare materials for programs and events
- Assist with inventory management of in-kind program supplies
- Submitting PSA notices to local listings for programs and events
- Provide occasional support on an outreach van shift, in the absence of volunteers
- Corresponding with clients and stakeholders in person, by phone, and by email
- Supporting/facilitating program related office activities including visitors, volunteers, etc
- Filing and Data entry (using CRM data management system)
- Tracking participant/volunteer hours
- Schedule both internal and external meetings
- Take and distribute meeting minutes at team or committee meetings
- Provide clients with occasional basic technical assistance with digital learning tools
*Other duties as reasonably requested
- Strong administrative skills and experience in a fast-paced work setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competency in working with CRM databases
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Outlook, Word
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology systems
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Self-starter and proven success in working independently
- Experience working with marginalized populations and passion for social work an asset
- Ability to work both at office and remotely (from home) is an asset
Please be advised that all candidates must be receiving OW to be eligible.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to Mara Behan at Mara.Behan@veahavta.org
Application Deadline: February 16th 2021
Please note: eligible candidates will be contacted throughout the recruitment do not delay and send in your application today!
We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those invited for an interview.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from equity seeking groups including qualified individuals with personal experience of the mental health system. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process