Seeking a new life direction?
Time to get life back on track?
Get the skills and support you need to set and achieve your goals.
The Ve’ahavta Skills Academy (VSA) is a FREE nine-week digital program which provides training and support in the areas of essential skills and career exploration. Offered in partnership with George Brown College, this unique program is designed to support participants marginalized by poverty and experiencing instability in their lives due to socio-economic, mental health, and other circumstantial factors. The high success rate of our graduates is largely due to a fulsome support community of peers, facilitators and social workers. Graduates of the Ve’ahavta Skills Academy complete the program having built their confidence, employability skills, and with an individualized plan for school, work and life.
What You Will Gain
- Career exploration and Goal Setting
- Assistance with Post-Secondary Bridging
- Individual Case-Management, Informal Counselling and Referrals to Community Services
- Wrap around supports – Social Services Navigation and Transitional Supports
- Digital literacy fundamentals
- Enhanced Self-Confidence
- Building Resiliency and Mental Agility
- 6-month Post-Program Support
- Personalized Action Plan
- Basic computer knowledge and the ability to interact with text, tools and people in digital contexts
- ESL level or CLB (Canadian Language Benchmarks) grade 8 or higher
- Currently unemployed
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to engage effectively within a group/virtual classroom setting
- Substance use is sufficiently under control to efficiently engage and commit
Summer session: June 29- August 27, 2020
Fall session: October 12 – December 10, 2020
Classes: Tuesday to Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m
1-on-1 case management: Mondays and Fridays by phone or email (by appointment)
Includes digital devices and stipend