Seeking a new life direction?
Time to get back on track?
Get the skills and support you need to set and achieve your goals.
The Ve’ahavta Skills Academy (VSA) is a FREE nine-week intensive digital program that provides training and support in the areas of essential skills and career exploration. Offered in partnership with George Brown College, VSA is designed to support those facing poverty and instability in their lives due to socio-economic, mental health, and other circumstantial factors.
Sound like a plan? Because it is one.
Make it YOUR plan.
This highly supportive, personalized program can help you achieve your goals, including employment, education, and personal development.
What You Will Gain
- Set personal and career goals
- Assistance with Post-Secondary Bridging
- Individual Case-Management, informal counselling and referrals to community services
- Help navigating social service resources
- Digital literacy fundamentals
- Personal development, including self-confidence, resiliency, and mental agility
- 6-month post-program support
- Personalized action plan
- Basic computer knowledge and the ability to interact with text, tools and people in digital contexts
- ESL level or CLB (Canadian Language Benchmarks) grade 8 or higher
- Currently unemployed
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to engage effectively within a group/virtual classroom setting
- Substance use is sufficiently under control to efficiently engage and commit
- Ontario Works clients are welcome to apply with a referral from their caseworker
Spring session: March 22- May 21, 2021
Classes: Tuesday to Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
1-on-1 case management: Mondays and Fridays by virtual appointment
Includes digital devices and stipend