Seeking a new life direction?
Time to get back on track?
Get the skills and support you need to set and achieve your goals.
The Ve’ahavta Skills Academy (VSA) is a FREE nine-week intensive digital program that provides training and support in the areas of essential skills and career exploration. Offered in partnership with George Brown College, VSA is designed to support those facing poverty and instability in their lives due to socio-economic, mental health, and other circumstantial factors.
Sound like a plan? Because it is one.
Make it YOUR plan.
This highly supportive, personalized program can help you achieve your goals, including employment, education, and personal development.
What You Will Gain
- Set personal and career goals
- Assistance with Post-Secondary Bridging
- Individual Case-Management, informal counselling and referrals to community services
- Help navigating social service resources
- Digital literacy fundamentals
- Personal development, including self-confidence, resiliency, and mental agility
- 6-month post-program support
- Personalized action plan
- Basic computer knowledge and the ability to interact with text, tools and people in digital contexts
- ESL level or CLB (Canadian Language Benchmarks) grade 8 or higher
- Currently unemployed
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to engage effectively within a group/virtual classroom setting
- Substance use is sufficiently under control to efficiently engage and commit
- Ontario Works clients are welcome to apply with a referral from their caseworker
Upcoming session: September 18 – November 15, 2023
Classes: live + 2 self-directed online workshops
Live, online workshops:
- Mon-Wed 9:30-12:30pm
- Tues 1:30-3:30pm
2 Self-directed online workshops per week
1-on-1 case management: Thursdays and Fridays by virtual appointment
NOTE: Computer provided for eligible applicants, on an as-needed basis
Are you an Ve’ahavta program alumnus? If so, you can refer new prospective clients to apply to Ve’ahavta’s Training or Internship programs: Building Foundations for Women (BFW), Ve’ahavta Skills Academy (VSA), Upper Shelf Inventory Management Internship, or Recipe for Success Training/Internship Program, and receive $25 for each successful referral!
NOTE: The referee must complete the application process, but they don’t need to be accepted into a program in order for you to receive your fee.
Keep up to date with Ve’ahavta client news and activities.