Ve’ahavta is a registered non-profit social service organization based on the Jewish ethics of justice, kindness, and responsibility. At Ve’ahavta, we deliver programs that break down barriers, restore human dignity, foster capacity-building, and empower marginalized individuals to break the cycle of poverty and create real change in their lives. Further information can be found at www.veahavta.org
At Ve’ahavta, we value hard work, but we also value recognition, wellness, and taking care of each other. . In addition to a competitive salary, Ve’ahavta employees are offered full group health benefits including dental coverage, a Wellness Spending Account allowance, Employee Assistance Program, generous vacation, and sick time off policies, in addition to office closures for all statutory and Jewish holidays. Above all, we provide a warm, supportive, fun, and progressive place of work. Come join us!
“The work we all do at Ve’ahavta is amazing and truly rewarding! I have formed wonderful friendships with colleagues, and I have learned thoughtful lessons from my team leaders. Working for Ve’ahavta has been a truly profound experience”. – H.A., Ve’ahavta Employee
The Recruitment and Intake Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, intake, and cross-program referrals for Ve’ahavta’s client-facing programs. By identifying and utilizing various recruitment channels, the Coordinator ensures programs are operating at full capacity according to program timelines and objectives, with the strongest possible candidates.
As part of the programs team, and reporting to the Director of Programs, you will join a passionate group of change-makers, bringing training and peer support opportunities to individuals facing homelessness and socio-economic barriers.
More specifically, through public outreach and social service networking, you will lead the recruitment efforts for all of our client-facing programs, which focus on job readiness skills and pre-employment training. You will conduct weekly information sessions for potential candidates, outlining the program content and eligibility requirements.
Through screening protocols, eligibility assessments, preliminary intake interviews, and program referrals you will determine which applicants are most suitable for each program, resulting in high performance outcomes.
You will also be the applicant’s main source of support as they proceed through the application process, offering assistance and information as required, as well as referrals to community resources as needed.
*A full job description is available upon request
*This is currently a hybrid position (remote/in-person)
*This is currently a part-time role, with the potential for it to develop into a full-time role
We are seeking a values-driven individual who is passionate about matching individuals to opportunities, and meets the following eligibility criteria:
QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in social services/sciences, or its equivalent with specialized training and or program delivery experience
- 1-2 years of proven experience in a social service environment working with marginalized and vulnerable populations (individuals with addiction/mental health challenges)
- Knowledge of GTA social services related to Ve’ahavta’s mission
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical experience regarding program marketing, client recruitment and intake
- Exceptional interviewing skills with an ability to identify clients’ strengths and needs
- Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills, including excellent presentation skills, with the ability to manage sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy
- Highly organized, with excellent time management skills, initiate and follow-up on actions
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and activities in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience using social media as a marketing tool
- Able to accommodate occasional evening hours
Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to Toya Brooks, Administrative Coordinator, People and Culture: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Manager, Street Outreach Services” in the subject line
We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those selected for an interview.
Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer that values equity, diversity, and inclusion. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.