Looking for an upper hand?
Get ready to jump start your career!
The Upper Shelf is an internship program that provides job training in the field of warehouse management through interactive workshops.
The Upper Shelf is designed to support those facing poverty and instability in their lives due to socio-economic, mental health, and other circumstantial factors.
You Will Learn
- Inventory management
- Donation sorting
- Effective tracking methods
- Safety protocols and procedures
- Team work and leadership
You Will Receive
- On-the-job training
- One-on-one case management
- Career counselling
- WHIMIS training
- First Aid/Safety certification
- Heavy lifting training
- Working at Heights training
- And more!
- Currently unemployed
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Strong interest in finding employment in the field of warehouse management
- Ability to engage and commit to full 4-months of program
- Participants require Covid-19 vaccination
Program length: 4 months
Hours: 3hr shifts twice per week
Stipend: $45 per shift