Ve’ahavta will be offering a one-off winter workshop called Young Rider Ed which provides an opportunity for teens to meet like-minded peers who are interested in the same volunteer activities as them. They will explore Ve’ahavta’s values and goals, and become more familiar with the ways in which we support our clients.
- Monday, January 14 2019
- 6:30-8:30pm, Ve’ahavta office
- Participation fee: $72 (includes the workshop and the volunteer commitment of going out on the MJRH van).
- There will be a short break approximately halfway through our workshop where snacks and water/juice will be provided. Please have dinner beforehand.
During this workshop, participants will deepen their understanding about such issues as:
- Ve’ahavta’s mission, Jewish values and the poverty cycle
- Affordable housing and the disparities of lifestyle in our city
- Communities at risk
- Discrimination and stigma
- Upstream thinking, changemaking and advocacy
Following their participation in Young Rider Ed, participants will have the opportunity to volunteer on the Mobile Jewish Response to Homelessness outreach van. They will see first-hand how the social issues they have been learning about impact vulnerable individuals in this city.
Participants will also be offered the opportunity to volunteer with other special Ve’ahavta projects such as the Meal Box program and the annual Passover Seder.
Through these activities, teens will be able to take their learnings and passions and transform them into actions.
For more information, contact Janis Seftel at Janis.firstname.lastname@example.org or 416 964 7698 x 214.